People think of "Church ministers" as people who preach and run churches. But really every Christian is a minister in some important way, and one of the great ministries is ministry in prayer. Every Christian must develop the attitude of praying, we have been instructed to put on the full armor of God [Ep.6:10] "and pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. Prayer is an essential element of a Christians' life that is most often ignored and that many Christians find difficult to do. All Christians interested in building their spiritual lives should join this ministry.
Brothers and sisters, if a prayer is uttered according to God’s will, it is the most powerful thing. For the church to pray means that it finds out God’s will and speaks out this will.
A Prayer Ministry can take on many formats personal, with a prayer partner, corporate church praying, etc. Whatever the form, whoever might be involved, we should want our praying to be effective.
For prayer ministry to be effective,
- We must begin on the basis of a personal relationship with God.
- We must have the right purposes for praying.
- We must develop a passion for prayer.
- We must view prayer as a priority.
- We must make prayer part of our lifestyle, or church culture, a permanent practice.
- We must depend on God's power to pray and attribute results to His power.