- Job Summary & Description
- Work Activities
- Minimum Qualification & Experience
- General Expectations
- Application & Deadline
You will operate microphones, Mixers, amplifiers and control desks to balance sound levels, and you might provide background music and sound effects
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 2 years
- The audiovisual technician is proposed to manage all Sound systems for St. Andrew’s Church, Nairobi, and thereby support the Church as it seeks to fulfill its Mission, Vision and Objectives.
As a live sound, audio visual and production manager, you will control the sound at live events namely Sunday and in-week Church Services, music concerts or other events as well as post event audiovisual production.
You will operate microphones, Mixers and amplifiers and control desks to balance the sound levels, and you might provide background music and sound effects.
If you have a love of music and technology then this job may offer the opportunities you are looking for.
On a day‐to‐day basis, you will typically:
- Discuss the production’s sound needs with the music director and music groups
- Discuss any post event audio visual production needs
- Identify places in the script where any sound effects, music and changes in sound level are needed
- Pre‐record any sound effects and music to be used
- Choose suitable microphones and equipment
- Position and rig up microphones and unload, set up, dismantle and load equipment after the events.
- Complete sound checks before all performances
- Operate the sound desk during shows
- Follow a sound plan and cues in liaison with the music team and media team
- Provide comprehensive post-event sound report and improvement areas
- Maintain all sound related church technical equipment using both in-house and contracted resources where needed
- Train, schedule and work with volunteers and staff that will serve in various Media and ICT technical support roles in church.
- Participate in meetings in church as invited and guided.
- Benchmark regularly with international audio-visual standards and innovations to steer the church to a full-fledged production one-stop-shop
- You may also help to set up and operate lighting, projections and video equipment as part of an ICT and media crew.
- The salary will be established and reviewed by the HR Committee.
- Certifications & skills acquired as well as increased responsibilities can be taken into consideration when determining and reviewing the salary.
- Vacation periods, sick leave, insurance coverage and other benefits are as indicated in the Church Policy.
Desired Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant and up-to-date Live sound, production and audio visual management qualifications
- Experience with Yamaha Mixers will be an added advantage
- Should have experience in Live Productions, especially in the use of multimedia equipment and software such as pro-presenter, Blackmagic etc.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- In-depth problem-solving skills and follow-through.
- Good and tested interpersonal skills.
- Must be able and willing to beyond the normal working hours depending on need.
- Should be a Christian and of good moral standing and integrity.
- A mature, committed Christian whose life is exemplified by a growing walk with Christ through obedience, example and a demonstration of a positive attitude.
- Stays up-to-date with the Multimedia and ICT trends and develops creativity by conducting periodic research through the Internet, relevant audio-visual content, books and periodicals as well as attending relevant events such as exhibitions and live productions.
- Demonstrates an attitude of helpfulness to the Church staff, volunteers and congregation.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and is a team player.
- In consultation with the Media and ICT committee, establishes goals for the Production Team and implements strategies for their attainment.
- Has good communication skills.
- Must possess “Self-starter” qualities and demonstrates the ability to work well and remain responsible in accomplishing the objectives set in the Principle Responsibilities with minimum supervision.
Applications should be sent online and addressed to;
- The Session Clerk
- PCEA St. Andrews Church
- P.O. Box 41282-00100 GPO
- Nairobi Kenya.
The Application deadline is Tuesday 6th of November 2018.